1. Make reading an essential life skill for your child that will make future homework easier. Leave him short notes, write letters, make various lists: buy groceries, what to take on a hike, read books.
2. Organize filmstrips at home. A good assistant in this matter is an old overhead projector. Slow frame transitions, short, easy-to-read captions are all you need to support your reading technique.
3. Invite the child to read the text only when you have already read it to him. Reading a familiar text to a student is much easier and more interesting than a completely unfamiliar one that you wrote yourself, and not as usual, everyone uses the essay writing platform. The joy of knowing what you are reading is a great help in the process of improving your reading technique.
4. Use the technique of parallel reading: an adult reads the text aloud, and the child follows him - to himself, moving his finger along the lines. Thus, situations of checking and evaluating the quality of children's reading with accompanying anxiety, stiffness, and tension are eliminated.
5. An interesting technique for training the reading skill "Secret Writing". Even those children who have an aversion to reading enjoy it. On a large sheet of paper, an adult writes a word in large letters using a white candle. It is clear that what you have written will not be visible on a white sheet. Now the child is invited to paint over the entire sheet with different colors using paints and a brush so that there is no unpainted space left. The moment when white letters suddenly appear on a colored background is invariably illuminated by a feeling of joyful surprise of the child. So the process of reading and pleasant emotions are firmly connected in the mind of the student, and the words read in such an unusual way are well remembered.
6. Play word and letter games for the whole family. Such exciting learning will help the child to easily navigate in the space of letters and words, quickly read familiar words, replenish verbal baggage and, ultimately, improve reading technique.