In recent years, a variety of new consumer goods have emerged Number List one after another, but very few can truly become national brands. They are either short-lived after the explosion, or follow-up growth is weak, and they have fallen into a vicious circle of exchanging profits for traffic, and ultimately traffic cannot support costs.
In this context, Wang Xiaoluo is one of the few brands that can achieve headwind growth. As a new brand of zero food, Wang Xiaoluo achieved sales exceeding 10 million yuan during 618 last year, with a growth rate of 3000%.
But in fact, it has only been 2 years since Wang Xiaoluo entered Tmall and made tiger skin and chicken feet.
From the annual sales of 20 million yuan in the first year to the sales of 200 million yuan in the second half of the year, what has Wang Xiaoluo done in brand marketing?
How did they open up the market of 100 million yuan just by relying on a low-priced item like tiger skin and chicken feet? What can we learn from the marketing process?
Today, I will take you all to see it together.
1. Cut into the subdivision track and create a "super single product"
Wang Xiaoluo's success, if traffic marketing determines 60%, then the remaining 40% must be due to the selection of the right category track .
For snack food, the strategy of most brands is to use multiple SKUs to cover the entire field , such as Three Squirrels, BESTORE, etc. One brand has hundreds of SKUs.
Wang Xiaoluo, on the other hand, chose a completely different path, laying out only a single SKU, and fully attacking the single product of tiger skin and chicken feet .
Before Wang Xiaoluo, there was no brand that featured tiger skin chicken feet, but most snack brands had this SKU more or less. It can be said that this is a bold but very correct strategy!
This is a bit similar to Youyou, an old brand of pickled pepper chicken feet. It only relies on this product to occupy more than 79% of the market share of pickled chicken feet. It can be said that as long as you have eaten pickled chicken feet, You must have eaten with friends.
What Wang Xiaoluo wants to achieve is also this effect- to make himself a representative of the category and its characteristics, so as to achieve mental pre-sale.
It’s like when you want to buy melon seeds but don’t know which one to choose, you will most likely choose Qiaqia, and when you are tangled in the various hot sauces on the shelf, there is an 80% probability that you will reach out to Laoganma.